Authors: National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC) and Leslee Bender
Through TrueBar® training, you’ll be able to teach participants how to execute functional movements, utilizing the specially designed TrueBar® stations. This includes examining the physiology, biology of gravity, and behavioral needs of individuals. Students can also expect an overview of kinetic chain movements, fascia, and how fascia affects analysis of a client’s posture and movement. Get ready to take barre fitness to the next level. Go deeper in your understanding of movement and improve your clients’ results when you learn how to teach NAFC’s TrueBar®.
Education Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: NAFC Personal Training Certification, or NAFC Group Fitness Instructor Certification, or a Pilates Certification, or a College Degree in the Fitness Field, or an approved Equivalent.
Target Audience: Health-Fitness Professionals, Allied Health and Medical Professionals.
- NAFC TrueBar® Instructor Manual
- NAFC TrueBar® Instructional Videos
- NAFC TrueBar® Online Theory Exam
- NAFC TrueBar® Practical Exam
Time to Complete: 18 Months to complete Examination Process
Course Access: Continued access with updates available
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the ANSER™ Principle, as defined by the NAFC, to assist participants with proper form and alignment during movement and everyday activity.
- Complete a basic Static Postural Assessment, execute a basic Movement Assessment, and document results.
- Explain how to offer an individualized or group functional program based on an individual’s needs, strengths and limitations as determined from assessment.
- Identify fascia, its role in the kinetic chain, and how all elements of the body are connected.
- Explain the concept of “three-dimensionality” of muscles and how movement is performed in different planes of motion.
- Recognize the influence of gravity and ground reaction to every bone, muscle and joint in the body.
- Describe the benefits of implementing fascia release techniques before and after training.
- Learn to successfully cue individuals and groups.
- Explain how to safely and effectively teach a TrueBar™ specific warm-up and how to execute TrueBar™ exercises.
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this Power Certificate Program. Successful completion of the course content and course examination(s) is required to receive continuing education and the Power Cert Certificate of completion.
The TrueBar® Station was created by a fitness studio owner who saw the need to improve transition time between modalities while also freeing up valuable floor space and preventing overcrowding, The TrueBar® Stations are revolutionizing the standard group fitness format. The TrueBar® Stations provide a unique method of organization, personal space, and specialized programming that is coveted by both club members and instructors alike.