Healthy Heart for a Healthy Life
Heart disease and its complications is the leading cause of death in the US for both men and women. Exercise plays an important role in prevention and treatment of heart disease. This course explores risk reduction, prevention, and management of heart disease through lifestyle changes and exercise. Learn how to safely and effectively lead your clients to a healthier heart and a healthier life.
Authors: Tina Schmidt-McNulty MS, RCEP, RN
Education Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Online Interactive Course
- Online Quiz (30 multiple choice questions. Minimum passing score 75%)
- Recognize basic structures in the anatomy of the heart.
- Describe coronary heart disease and identify common diseases of the heart.
- Discuss the parameters for 8 primary risk factors, basic risk factor analysis, and 4 additional factors affecting the development of heart disease.
- Describe the basic progression of heart disease.
- Discuss the nature of symptoms for heart disease and the symptoms of heart attacks for women and men.
- Identify 7 medical tests typically used in the diagnosis of heart disease.
- Discuss 6 complications of heart disease.
- Describe general treatment and 4 commonly used medications for treatment of heart disease.
- Discuss the cardiac rehabilitation process and identify the 4 phases of cardiac rehabilitation.
- Discuss the 4 parameters of exercise programming for clients with heart disease and 5 parameters for exercise recommendations for prevention of heart disease.
- Identify 9 recommendations for prevention of heart disease.