Health Appraisal and Risk Assessment
Health Appraisal and Risk Assessment set the stage for legal responsibility to your client and enable you to limit liability exposure as a health-fitness professional. Understanding this process and using it correctly aligned with industry standards will help you properly screen your client for potential risk. This course teaches you how to navigate through the process dictated by the American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines. It includes several printable assessment forms and covers many important topics that all health-fitness instructors must understand to practice within industry standards.
Authors: June M. Chewning MA
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Online Interactive Course
- Online Quiz (25 multiple choice questions. Minimum passing score 75%)
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance and necessity of health appraisal and risk assessment for all clients.
- Learn how to properly perform a health appraisal.
- Understand ACSM risk factor thresholds for coronary artery disease.
- Be familiar with the signs and symptoms suggestive of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease.
- Be able to place your client into an ACSM risk stratification to determine whether a physician’s consent is necessary.
- You will practice the health appraisal and risk assessment process with sample clients.