Functional Training for All Ages
Learn how to apply and incorporate Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) into training formats for all ages. The application of multiple strategies, drills, and methods of training allow individuals of all ages to become functionally prepared for life. Multi-plane and multi-sensory methods will be addressed through a science-based, practical approach to understanding an integrated body concept. There are sample programs, sample combinations, and video to guide you through the concepts. Freshen your training and group fitness sessions by adding some practical functional elements.
Author: Sandy Stoub MA
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Online Interactive Course
- Online Quiz (32 multiple choice questions. Minimum passing score 75%)
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand how the concept of functional training applies to activities for all ages.
- Explore aspects of training and application in multi-planar activity.
- Gain both practical ideas and a recipe for success.
- Apply concepts of kinesiology, biomechanics, and movement science to specific activities of interest.
- Be able to integrate principles of skill development and progression into training programs.