Aquatic Personal Training Programming
If you are a personal trainer interested in expanding your training options to the water, it is important to learn about the aquatic environment. Increase your success by understanding the properties of the water and aquatic physiological responses. This course teaches you training formats that work well in the aquatic environment as well as shallow and deep water exercise techniques. It also addresses the proper way to monitor and manipulate intensity in the aquatic environment, a skill critical to the success of your client reaching his/her goals.
Author: June M. Chewning MA
Education Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Online Interactive Course
- Online Quiz (32 multiple choice questions. Minimum passing score 75%)
- Learn how to properly and effectively alter intensity in the aquatic environment.
- Discover theories why aquatic heart rates are lower in the water than comparable exercise on land.
- Learn how to properly calculate an aquatic target heart rate or zone and properly monitor intensity for cardiorespiratory exercise.
- Explore ways to monitor intensity for resistance training in the aquatic environment.
- Understand impact level and speed variation for aquatic exercise.
- View base movements for shallow water exercise.
- Be able to plan basic, intermediate, and advanced transitions for your exercise sequences.
- Discover formats that work well for shallow water exercise.
- Learn basic principles about deep water exercise including deep water mechanics, neutral buoyancy, vertical positioning, and the difference between symmetrical and asymmetrical deep water exercises.
- Discover formats that work well for deep water exercise.
- View base movements for deep water exercise.
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|4.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|4.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.3||National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|4.0||Sara’s City Workout (SCW)|
|4.0||World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)|