Applied Anatomy: Land and Water
Applied anatomical movement can be confusing for any health-fitness professional. This easy to use multimedia course advances your knowledge of basic human movement, muscle use, types of contractions, and the muscle equation for both land and water environments. Deepen your understanding of concentric/eccentric action as it pertains to specific movements and equipment use on land and in water. Gain confidence in understanding the purpose of every exercise you prescribe so you can provide safe and effective programming for your group fitness and one-on-one clients.
Author: June M. Chewning MA
Education Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Online Interactive Course
- Online Quiz (35 multiple choice questions. Minimum passing score 75%)
- Explain and demonstrate movement in the planes and axes of motion.
- Understand anatomical movement terms.
- Identify and describe movement at the major joints in the body.
- Describe primary muscle actions at the major joints in the body.
- Identify which muscle or muscle group is responsible for a particular movement.
- Understand muscle actions and muscle involvement influenced by gravity on land.
- Understand muscle actions and muscle involvement for submerged movement.
- Be able to effectively use weighted, buoyed, drag, and rubberized equipment in the aquatic environment and on land, identifying muscles targeted by specific movements.
- Explain progressive overload principles for land and water resistance programs.
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|4.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|3.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|0.4||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|4.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.3||National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|4.0||National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|4.0||Sara’s City Workout (SCW)|
|4.0||World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)|