Nutrition Coach Foundations
Master proven nutrition coaching skills to take your training practice to the next level.
Nutrition Coach Foundations Information
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have and maintain a CPR/AED certification.
Course Education Level: Intermediate
Continuing Education Credits: 2.0 NAFC, 2.0 NESTA
How it Works:
To earn this certification…
- You must complete all course modules.
- You must take and pass a theory examination with a score of 80% or higher. Theory exams contain questions to test knowledge, skills, and application of the course content.
- Time to Complete: You have up to 18 Months to complete Examination Process
- Course Access: Continued access with updates available
- Your NAFC Nutrition Foundations Certification is valid for 24 months. During that 24 months you must complete continuing education prior to your renewal date to qualify for re-certification.
- Recertification is required to keep you up to date with industry standards and practice. You must complete and submit 15 hours (1.5 NAFC credits) of continuing education in a 24 month period of time prior to your renewal date and complete a re-certification application to be recertified.
- In Section I of this course, you will be introduced to the basic sciences that underly and support nutrition.
- In Section II you’ll become immersed in the field of nutritional science, the 5 components of nutrition, and nutritional intake guidelines.
- In Section III you’ll learn about the art and science of being an effective coach.
- In Section IV you’ll go through a step-by-step set of instructions on how to implement nutritional coaching competently and profitably (including over 30 pages of questionnaires and assessment tools to use with your clients).
Nutrition Coach Foundations Required Course Material:
- Nutrition Coach Certification Introduction Document
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Instructor Interactive Study and/or Downloadable Nutrition Coach Foundations Manual
- Nutrition Coach Foundations Theory Exam
Nutrition Coach Foundations Interactive Study and Manual Objectives
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize anatomy and physiology at a basic level and how it relates to human nutrition.
- Explain the science of the 5 basic components of human nutrition.
- Identify nutrient intake guidelines.
- Identify the latest United States government guidelines and recommendations for nutrition.
- Describe how a nutrition coach plays the role of an educator, counselor, and consultant.
- Explain how to coach clients for nutrition within scope of practice and guidelines including required forms/information.
Additional Certification Options
If you are confident in your understanding of the essentials of Nutrition Coach Foundations without first studying the NAFC study course material, this option would be for you.
To become certified with the National Association for Fitness Certification, you must pass a theory exam with a minimum score of 80%. If you receive a no pass on the theory exam, a retake will be necessary. The retake cost is $25.00. When you have completed and passed the theory exam, you may submit a current CPR card and a government issued photo ID to receive your Nutrition Coach certification.
If you are unsure, then you would benefit from our complete online course or virtual workshop options.
*You will not receive any study materials with this option, so ensure that you have a complete understanding of the education required to pass the exam prior to purchasing.
Feel free to contact a NAFC Career Consultant for help in selecting the best option for you.
The NAFC Job Placement Money Back Guarantee assures that you will secure a job in the health and fitness industry within 90 days of completing all certification and career management requirements.
Included at a discount with NAFC Certifications “All-Access” Option
NAFC is committed to providing you with all the tools you need to build a successful and rewarding career.
Not only do we offer a money-back guarantee opportunity, but we also connect you with a Career Management Specialist who will work hand-in-hand with you as your personal career advocate and help place you in the best possible job to match your skill-set.
Your Career Management Specialist will provide you with all of the following services:
- Qualify you for jobs in the health and fitness industry
- Gain an understanding of the type of job/career you want
- Inquire about any special skills you may possess and/or CECs received
- Direct you toward available positions in your area
- Advice on ‘Career Tools’ that will help improve your expertise
- Work to place you with fitness and health companies
- Help you improve your visibility to companies
- Assist in creating resumes and cover letters
- Assist in preparing you for the interviewing process
- Post a video which serves as an introduction to possible employers and provides evidence of your skills as a trainer.
These services are included with your purchase of the NAFC Job Placement Guarantee at no additional charge.
Job Placement Guarantee Guidelines
If you have met all the required criteria but still have not secured a job within 90 days of completion, NAFC will refund all amounts paid to NAFC for the course package. This money back guarantee applies to the NAFC Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, and Nutrition Coach course packages only.
To receive this refund, you must have applied for at least 5 positions related to the purchased NAFC certification within the 90-day period and have met the criteria for each position (including passing any required background checks). Failure to appear for a scheduled interview will disqualify you from this money back guarantee.
You must also have met with an NAFC Career Management Specialist and satisfied any additional requirements that they assign.
Any refund must be requested from NAFC’s Member Services Department within 12 months of purchasing the NAFC course (with Job Placement Guarantee). NAFC reserves the right to request evidence of purchase and/or of job applications and rejections. NAFC may, at any time and without prior notice, change the terms of, or discontinue, this Job Placement Money Back Guarantee.